and then our exile

Monday, August 15, 2005 at 7:35 a.m.
george winston's piano solos are pretty amazing.
the past few nights at about 1am, if you go outside, you can see beautiful meteor-showers. for a moment, or two, this light sears itself agin the dark sky, a single gift presented. then dew descends in the early hours, and gives way to a red dawn, the "membranes of burning sky."
i came upstairs yesterday in a thin short-sleeved jubba. "i'm trying to make a point," i told my sister, shivering. "what's the point you're trying to make?" she asked. "it's august, the middle of summer," i continued shivering.
yesterday we made pfeffernu:sse.
NoHeadJoe said...
I made the same point. Well. I was out at a thing and people were in mittens. I told them they could not do that. They said I was in denial. I am...of so many things.
~
Zee said...
Pfefferneusse is a damned frustrating cookiee to find a recipe for when don't know how to spell it. It's nearly worth the pain though.
I've given up trying to make points about the weather. Try holding an arbitrary member of your social circle responsible for the anamolies and register periodic complaints with them.
"It's too moist!"
~
basit said...
james - when do you leave edmonton? we should do something sometime.
owl - this has an element of brilliance. i'm going to start doing this, already know who to blame.
ps. pfeffernu:sse also have an element of brilliance.
~
morally © basit // Blogger via Blogger templates
