and then our exile

Friday, December 05, 2003 at 9:21 a.m.
the Greenwood: "Well, I'm not really sure that people getting killed is ever really a good thing." (in response to mild jubilation on my part as per Americans falling like flies.)
In the days when I used to make official statements on the Taliban and Israel, I used to get embroiled into tight debates with the self_same Greenwood above. But no matter; on to Iraq, now: I used to feel sorry for the disenfranchised soldiers of poor and broken homes who wanted out of Iraq/Afghanistan/the world. No longer: it is sad, but it was their choice (to join the army--they knew {or should have} what they got into), and now they merely face consequences. There are few second chances in life, and it really is their loss: and so, if they die, they die, and I will continue to believe in chickens coming home to roost. (that = Malcolm X's famous thing at Kennedy's assassination, twisted by all the media.)
morally © basit // Blogger via Blogger templates