<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3954640?origin\x3dhttp://wuddistan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

and then our exile

Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 11:43 p.m.

I spent the first half of my day in a sort of frozen shock. Reading, in order, the accounts of ISM activists in Rafah, essays by John Pilger, other reports of hidden sadness. Things which make me want to weep tears of blood and assassinate the IMF. I also totally totally got back my drive for journalism. I don't see it as a career [I don't see myself in any career, really. Too much of a straitjacket.], but rather--just the simple fact of talking to the people affected by things that happen and broadcasting these to the world... The silent massacres the world doesn't see.
But: I try to think up a way of forcing everyone in the world to read Pilger's The New Rulers of the World. Or even just all those living in the West. If that could happen--there is no, no way whatsoever that current crimes would be perpetuated. It's like the sense of outrage and pain and injustice stimulates a need to *do* something. And something more than heading out to a rally or whatever. Something *effective*. But, that is perhaps impractical--so all I can do is force you, whoever reads this, to read it.

Anyways. I also did a vacuum-session of most of the house, and went to taraweeh at the Markaz, which was okay. I miss Shaikh Jihad. For more on this, though, one must await a Treatise which I shall inshaAllahu ta'ala write up within the next twenty-four hours.

Reading [in progress + should-be-in-progress]:
The New Rulers of the World, John Pilger
Fences and Windows, Naomi Klein
The Vision Tree, Phyllis Webb
Death in Venice and Seven Other Stories, Thomas Mann
The Heirs of the Prophets, Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali
Two Treatises, Imam al-Haddad
Physics Principles and Problems [that. is. a. bad. joke. hahahaaaa. ^_^]

Post a Comment